Sunday, December 20, 2009

New Charity Helps Israelis Who Agree to Help Others

"Pay it forward" appearance alms aims to strengthen Jewish association and accord by abutting Israeli Jews in charge with added Jews who can help.

(Vocus/PRWEB ) December 19, 2008 -- “Shalom, my name is Sara,” begins an online appeal for advice by an Israeli. “I am bedfast to bed and clumsy to crop affliction of [my three accouchement by myself.”

“Shalom, I am Chaim Yaakov,” begins another. “I am able-bodied into my 80s and I can no best biking above [Israel by bus to accept medical affliction for my war wounds and I accept cipher to about-face to.”

Shalom, my name is Sara I am bedfast to bed and clumsy to crop affliction of [my three accouchement by myself. Shalom, I am Chaim Yaakov I am able-bodied into my 80s and I can no best biking above [Israel by bus to accept medical affliction for my war wounds and I accept cipher to about-face to. Even if you’re poor, anybody has something to offer We animate humans to allotment a appropriate talent, or just advice out in their community. I crop aloft myself the account of admiring my acquaintance as myself the youngest bearing is accepting added and added removed from the alertness of Israel This web website will acquaint accouchement to alms by assuming them how acceptable it feels to give These ethics and a affiliation to Israel have to be accomplished if accouchement are young. These humans aren’t just allurement for advice — they will be donors to the beggared themselves, through a new, “pay it forward”–style charity, One People One Heart, which was afresh launched by Palo Alto citizen Joan Laurence. The organization’s goal, according to its founder, is to strengthen Jewish association and accord by abutting Israeli Jews in charge with added Jews who can help, and enabling those who accept advice to get the nachas (joy) that comes from allowance others.

One People One Heart requires anybody who receives donations to be a donor as well. All recipients are interviewed by Israeli agents afore their belief are acquaint on the web site, and if they aces up their analysis they are asked to accord something back.

“Even if you’re poor, anybody has something to offer,” says Laurence. “We animate humans to allotment a appropriate talent, or just advice out in their community.”

The web website appearance altered categories of giving based on the blazon of almsman or the cause, such as the elderly, children, at-risk adolescence or association projects. Each chic appearance heart-tugging belief about humans who charge banking assistance, such as a young, individual mother who pleads for a refrigerator so she can augment her accouchement and stop throwing out aliment she can almost afford. If she gets the $500 she needs for a fridge, the adolescent mother can accord by baby-sitting the accouchement of a alive mother or acrimonious up anesthetic for a disabled aged neighbor.

This alone archetypal of online giving connects American and Israeli Jews and teaches and reinforces the abstraction of tzedakah to children, Laurence says. Laurence is the babe of Goodwin Steinberg, the artisan who advised Congregation Beth Am, area she about grew up, she says. The time spent at the temple, accumulated with her parents’ values, led her to address her developed activity to allowance those in charge and teaching others to do the same.

Before affective to Palo Alto three and bisected years ago, Laurence lived in Israel for 20 years. There she started a nonprofit alignment alleged the New Seed Foundation, allowance abused immigrant girls and their mothers. Later, Laurence ran a affairs in which she accomplished parenting abilities to austere mothers. Laurence was aggressive to alpha One People One Heart by her accord for Israelis displaced from their homes by the Hezbollah War.

While the Web website was accepting built, Laurence formed with South Bay synagogues and Jewish day schools to advance her eyes of accouchement giving to children. She launched a “Reaching for the Stars” attack and hosted a “Tzedakateer” accident at Congregation Beth Am in Los Altos Hills. Children ages 5 to 11 were accustomed tzedakah boxes and asked to adorn one ancillary of the box, again crop it home. Before putting money in the box, they’re asked to accomplish a baby ritual: recite the words “I crop aloft myself the account of admiring my acquaintance as myself,” Laurence explains.

Now that the web website is up and running, Laurence has entrusted its operation to her business accessory and confused aback to Israel to run One People One Heart, which provides abetment to added than 250 families in charge in Northern Israel. On the One People One Heart web site, there is aswell a basic tzedakah box for accouchement to accord to added children.

Focusing her altruistic efforts on accouchement is critical, because “the youngest bearing is accepting added and added removed from the alertness of Israel,” Laurence says. “This web website will acquaint accouchement to alms by assuming them how acceptable it feels to give,” she adds. “These ethics and a affiliation to Israel have to be accomplished if accouchement are young.”

By: Angela Privin

No comments:

Post a Comment