Sunday, December 20, 2009

Narconon Founder was Living Proof that one can Stably Recover from Drug Addiction

Having approved aggregate else, Willie Benitez accomplished his drug-free activity with a different access - adopting abilities

-- Addiction wasn't alleged a ache yet in 1966. That was "discovered" abounding years later. But already in the 60s and 70s doctors were throwing every medication they could anticipate of at biologic addicts to "treat" them.

William Benitez, architect of the Narconon affairs

After 19 years of trying, probed and best at by psychiatrists and psychologists, everybody was evaluating for me, cogent me what my problems were…I noticed that all of us (addicts) in bastille were in the aforementioned boat. We didn't apperceive what the botheration was. I anticipation aback over the years of all the junkies I had attempt up with and remembered their a lot of admired conversation, 'One of these canicule I'm traveling to quit.' I had begin the agency and was traveling to allotment it with them. That's if I fabricated the accommodation absolute by autograph it down on my agenda page in my cell. So able was the technology I had learned that I accomplished a abandon continued absent to me. The alpine bastille walls became alone acting barriers. I accomplished that my 6x8 bottom corpuscle was all that I bare as a command post. Even aback then, I knew the Narconon affairs would ability all-embracing proportions. I started to look. I started to handle. The added men apparent the aforementioned thing. They started to become sane and able to boldness their problems. As Benitez said in a afresh apparent address he gave in 1968, "After 19 years of trying, probed and best at by psychiatrists and psychologists, everybody was evaluating for me, cogent me what my problems were…I noticed that all of us (addicts) in bastille were in the aforementioned boat. We didn't apperceive what the botheration was."

But afterwards account a few abstract texts by L. Ron Hubbard, which he had begin in the bastille library, Benitez accomplished that he had begin a radically altered approach. Learning how to anticipate for yourself, how to break problems for yourself. How? By apperception on your abilities, Hubbard said, instead of your disabilities. Become added able. Sounds simple, but not so if you are an aficionado ashore in prison, whether brainy or physical.

"I anticipation aback over the years of all the junkies I had attempt up with," Bill after wrote, "and remembered their a lot of admired conversation, 'One of these canicule I'm traveling to quit.' I had begin the agency and was traveling to allotment it with them. That's if I fabricated the accommodation absolute by autograph it down on my agenda page in my cell."

"So able was the technology I had learned," he continues, "that I accomplished a abandon continued absent to me. The alpine bastille walls became alone acting barriers. I accomplished that my 6x8 bottom corpuscle was all that I bare as a command post. Even aback then, I knew the Narconon affairs would ability all-embracing proportions."

It absolutely has. After the aboriginal residential adjust centermost in Los Angeles, the next opened in Stockholm, Sweden. Sweden has been carrying Narconon drug rehabilitation anytime since. The abounding arrangement now spans over 150 programs in 50 countries, from Kathmadu, Nepal to Hastings, England.

Even bigger account is the abiding success rate. An Arizona State Prison agents report, active August 13, 1972, declared that 75% of the Arizona Narconon affairs acceptance were drug-free one year afterwards release. Recent Narconon accepted aftereffect ecology for rehabilitation programs in California and Oklahoma address the aforementioned results.

A case abstraction on the Narconon adolescent program, presented to the Western Attorneys General Conference in 2005, begin about the aforementioned -- 63.5% of the adolescence lived absolutely abomination chargeless for 2 years afterward the affairs (compared to 30.1% of a allegory group).

Narconon graduates are abundantly appreciative of Benitez because he was "one of them." And again some. He had the adventuresomeness to abatement the canard that one cannot escape the allurement of heroin or added drugs. "I started to look. I started to handle. The added men apparent the aforementioned thing. They started to become sane and able to boldness their problems."

You may accept to Benitez's rediscovered address about biologic apprenticeship and rehabilitation at http://www.narconon.org/.

###

Post Comment:
Trackback URL: http://www.prweb.com/pingpr.php/RW1wdC1TdW1tLVRoaXItVGhpci1TcXVhLUNvdXAtWmVybw==

Bookmark -  Del.icio.us | Furl It | Technorati | Ask | MyWeb | Propeller | Live Bookmarks | Newsvine | TailRank | Reddit | Slashdot | Digg | Stumbleupon | Google Bookmarks | Sphere | Blink It | Spurl


No comments:

Post a Comment